TAKE OUR 30 DAY CHALLENGE AND REPAIR YOUR HAIR NATURALLY….
Now the snow has thawed and the first signs of Spring are arriving, why not take on our 30 day challenge to repair your hair naturally!
While we are still in lockdown and awaiting further news from No. 10, you have a great opportunity to take on our challenge, especially as we’re “not going out”, so why not give it a go?
We are all unique and so is our hair, however by using your hair’s natural oils, you can transform its condition.
Yes we know the first week will be the toughest, but if you commit to this challenge, we guarantee you will see results after 30 days.
To give you extra encouragement, please send us your “before and after” photos, and share your success stories with us.
All those taking part in the challenge will be entered into a prize draw to win a Rigby & Peller hairbrush.
GIVE IT A GO….
1. If you have very damaged or coarse / afro hair – you will need total dedication and commitment to the 30 day challenge and beyond (up to 3 months) to improve condition
2. If you have moderately damaged / home coloured / dry, frizzy ends – you will see results after the 30 day challenge, however you’ll probably need to continue beyond 30 days to achieve the best results
3. If you have never had great hair for one reason or another, which can often be fine / lifeless / flat / no body / too much body or a tendency to frizz – after just 30 days, condition will improve
4. If have good hair already but you simply want to get your hair in the very best possible condition, your hair will find the right place if you follow the correct procedure and your hair will not become over greasy or lifeless
5. If you would like to change your lifestyle and use a natural, non-chemical approach to your hair care
The three main factors that damage our hair is over shampooing, using too much heat and excessive chemical applications. So if you fancy a challenge, follow these steps exactly!
1. Stop shampooing!
Shampoo takes the natural oils out of your hair.
2. Start brushing!
For a natural way to cleanse your hair, brush or comb between 100-200 times a day, ideally 100 times in the morning and again before you go to bed.
Depending on how thick/coarse or fine your hair is will depend on the type of comb or brush you will need to use:
• Very fine – fine soft bristle/ fine tooth comb
• Medium – medium bristle brush/fine/medium tooth comb
• Thick – coarse larger bristle brush/medium tooth comb
• Very coarse/afro – very coarse strong brush/wide tooth comb
The brush or comb needs to able to separate each strand, without pulling or stressing the hair, but able to distribute your natural oils from the roots, down through your hair to the ends.
3. Rinse wash only
Massage your scalp as vigorously as you would with shampoo, but without it and rinse well, as often as you like.
4. Continue the above steps for 30 days
Most people will be able to see a change to the condition after just 3 weeks: bounce, fullness, shine, smoother/thicker (this may take longer for more coarse, dry or damaged hair).
5. Try to avoid using heat
Although you can continue to blow dry as and when you like, you will see quicker and better results by avoiding heat altogether.
6. Continue to use heat protect products when using heat
Styling products can be used but as times goes on you will need less to achieve better results than you did before! You can use water based products if needed but you will need less than normal, so be aware not to overload the hair, remember you are trying to give your hair time to repair!!
Rollers, rags, brushes and styling aids of all kinds are still ok to use, as these help with styling during the hair repair process.
8. After 30 days…. brings you naturally improved hair
In time you can add products and shampoo again, but hopefully not as much or as often and by using the correct products that we recommend for your hair type.
We have seen some amazing transformations in the past and have many clients that have not needed to wash their hair so often by knowing what it needs. Best of all this process is free and 100% natural.
If you need any further advice on haircare during the weeks ahead, you can email us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org – we’d love to hear from you.
Finally, don’t forget to keep hydrated and take regular exercise – even if it’s just going out for a daily walk, it will boost your overall sense of wellbeing. Following these simple changes to your lifestyle can make a big difference.
Hopefully we will have a clearer indication of when we will be allowed to re-open our salon soon, but until then, please stay safe and take care.
Des, Tracie & the FA Creative Team xxx